100mm pot - Pacific Coast Iris (Mid Purple)
* Approx 60cm h x 60cm wide (clump forming)
*Flowers early-mid spring
*Part to full sun, afternoon shade prefered in summer
*Well drained soil
*Keep drier in summer
- Said to be somewhat difficult to grow PC iris prefer climates that are wet in winter & dry in summer. Extra well drained soil is needed if summer watering will be frequent. However, extremely dry soil and frozen soils should be avoided too. Not for hot, humid climates. I have grown them quite happily in pots inTrentham VIC this year where we had several snow days and lots of winter rain.
- Divided clumps and replant only when new white roots have started to grow (around mid May). They are located at the base of leaves and should be obvious in late autumn.
Pacific Coast Iris (mid purple)
* Full sun preferred, part sun with afternoon shade is best in hotter areas or when in pots
* Frost tolerant, avoid freezing root zone
* Medium water requirement
* acidic well-drained soil
* Mulch to keep stable, cool root zone
* Divide or move plants around late May (when roots are actively growing)